We contacted children’s book author Tom Percival back in February 2016 with a proposal to make a personalised children’s book with us. I fell instantly in love with his colourful books that were full of fun and action, and I knew that our book would be like that too! Luckily for us, Tom was more than happy to join us to create Message in a Bottle.
Fast forward 8 months, here is a little Q&A session with Tom. We asked our lovely Book Launch Team what they would like to ask from him. Here are the questions:
- What was your favourite subject at school?
- What was your inspiration behind Message in a Bottle?
- How did you plan out the story?
- Did the words or images come to mind first?
- Which is your favourite character in the book and why?
- How was writing this book different from your other book projects?
- How has your impression of personalised books changed after this book?
- Who was your favourite author as a child and who is your favourite author now?
- Who would you personalise this book for and what would you say in your personal message?
This is what Tom answered:
You can take a look at Tom’s many books on his website: http://tom-percival.com/